I am posting this to share examples of how I have helped others move their careers ahead – hopefully this info-dump can help you too!
… I am writing with a clear head after taking three days off work last week. I moved house, chilled with my puppy and took some much-needed downtime away from my laptop(s).
During my me-time I reflected on how I always do my best to help others in any way I can. I always find a solution (even if I am not in a ‘good place’ myself) … this is one of my superpowers!
In terms of ”awesome LinkedIn profiles” and finding jobs; I know what is needed to make it happen for you!
A profile full of content that is appropriate to your next step is a must!
A colourful format; complete with interesting facts that essentially presents you in the best way. The goal is to be heard, to stand out – in a world where LinkedIn is full of so many people potentially applying for the same jobs as you.
Last year I helped two people I have known since junior school days, way back when in Wales, UK.
I spent around 5 hours (each) to bring their profiles from basic / little information – what many currently have on LinkedIn – to something that potential employers may take notice of.
See images below & check the steps I actioned on both profiles:
- Updated EVERY section with their most recent information / work status
- Added a cover image
- Update their introduction byline
- Added finer details into their ‘About’ section
- Added ”Open for work” status
- Added ”Featured images” from previous jobs / projects so their profile was not just text-heavy but also offered visual colour for recruiters to be drawn to
- Included previous wins / statistics & monetary figures to be proud of (but always being careful not to share anything confidential)
- Created new / refreshed resumes
- In Craig’s example I added his new resume to his ”featured image” section
- Ensured they asked their contacts for recommendations
- Updated the backend of their profiles to ensure recruiters could find them and all location / jobs they were interested in data was correct
Craig’s profile received attention immediately – he secured interviews within days of this LinkedIn face-lift. Georgina also received a sharp uptake in profile views.
If you follow the above steps you will be in a much stronger position than the next person who applies with a profile that offers little insight / personality into what they have worked on so far.
If you follow my lead you can pretty much guarantee more views on your profile and hopefully find yourself leaps & bounds closer to securing a job you really want!
If I can help you please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly by comment or direct message! Please like / comment / share this
Thanks for reading, Lara Lain