Working out every day might sound like an absurd idea but if you do it right, it’s easy.
The key to working out regularly is creating lots of options for yourself.
Depending on how much time you have and how you feel on a given day; there’s always a way to exercise.
Here’s 7 tips to inspire you to get moving on the daily;
1. Know your ‘big workout’ plans. Stick to doing them as often as possible. Mine is running Bondi to Bronte (and back) at sunrise. I push it at two workout stations on route (completing body work; sit ups, press ups, chin ups etc).
2. Rainy day option; Hit the gym. Go swimming. Get your wet weather gear on and get out into nature for a walk.
Take the dog out and laugh at the rubbish weather with your pup pup in tow. Make sunshine in the rain 😉
3. Join a team; If you commit to an after uni / after work activity you’re contributing to a team. If you don’t show up, this can have a knock-on effect on your team.
Signing up to any kind of team sport will make you accountable – you won’t want to let others down. Think football, netball, basketball, tennis etc. Research what is avails near you.
4. Get a Personal Trainer. PT’s are there to motivate and guide you every step of the way. Investing in a trainer is some of the best money you will ever spend. Fact.
Check out the amazing work @bodiesbyjax does. He offers personal and small group training – these are cheaper than solo sessions and you meet new workout buddies too! Jax has helped me change my fitness life since early 2018 🙌
5. Go with a friend. Help each other. Lift each other. Get fit, strong and fantastic together!
6. Make the most of where you live. Wherever you live, there is somewhere to workout. Walk / run laps of your local town. Use park benches as workout stations. Find steep hills and jog up them, run back down.
7. Have a firm “I can’t be assed” option. This is an absolute must because working out when you really ‘don’t want to’ makes you push through and come out feeling great on the other side.
Mine include sand running across Bondi, jumping into the ocean, then running back home across the sand. This takes me about 30 mins all up. I feel brand new during and after. It’s my fail-safe option if my time is tight.
… On your ‘days off’ make sure you get out for some fresh air. Listen to a podcast as you walk or some music that you love #keepmoving
I live by these words; Use it or lose it. I see many people in their 80’s jogging, walking and using the workout stations in and around Bondi Beach every day.
It’s not just one or two people – it’s a lot! I admire older people working out and hope to be that lady one day too. I see the same faces often – because they are in a routine. They are committed. They work at it. It’s not rocket science.
If you want to live a longer, healthier life you must keep active. Make fitness a non-negotiable and your whole life will improve. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you 🙌
Thanks for your time. Hope this post inspires you to get out and use your body!