Following yesterday’s East Coast adventures blog – I’ve just got back to Cairns after a sunny day spent in Burleigh Heads and nearby Palm Beach.
My top picks & recommendations
1. Cocowhip – Jen said she’d spent time scouting Burleigh for the ‘’best Acai bowl in town’’ and she wasn’t wrong in choosing this place as her fave. I’d go so far as to say it’s one of the best Acai’s I’ve ever had!
2. Burleigh Heads Beach – Goes without saying you need to spend some time on this sand! Full of surfers and good vibes.
3. Justin Lane – Enjoying the best pizza AND best rooftop is a must-do!
4. Lockwood – You only find this place if you know where to go; the location is a secret and it’s cool AF. The cocktails are really something! I judge a bar on its ability to make a decent Espresso Martini – rest assured you’ll get a good one here.
5. Gift shops – So many lovely shops! Whether you are buying for yourself (lucky you, he he;) or someone else – you have plenty to choose from. Cairns seriously lacks this (great business opportunity for someone up there, for sure!) so after having lots of choice in Byron Bay yesterday, it was lovely to have similar high-quality purchases on offer today. Think eco-friendly, well-being and beachside homewares.
6. Burleigh Pavilion – Now I haven’t been here (yet!) but Jen has and she rates it; so it’s on the list. Grab a table on the balcony and take in the sweeping views of the beach. This is run by the same guy who owns Mrs Sippy in Bali … he doesn’t do things by halves!
7. Tallebudgera Creek – Just a few minutes drive and you’ve got the Creek, adjoining beach and open ocean at your feet. Love!
8. The weather – Let’s not forget Mother Nature here; the Goldie is known for being consistently sunny all year round. You really can’t go wrong if you’re looking for a trip basking in Australia’s glory.
9. Getting there is easy – Fly into Gold Coast airport and you can drive to Burleigh within 15 minutes.
10. Where to stay – Check Air BnB for the best deals. I have previously stayed at Burleigh Beach Tower. Good value and an unforgettable view. I spotted Humpback Whales migrating from our balcony!
… Long weekend breaks are the perfect fit. I’m really glad (and lucky) it’s where Jen & Jon are laying down their roots for a bit – any excuse to visit them, I’ll take it!
If you ever get the chance to visit Burleigh Heads please do. As I discovered yesterday; it’s only an hour’s drive from Byron Bay, so you can easily hit them both in one weekend.
Huge thanks to Jen & Jon for a great few days, visiting you guys is always a good idea!
Thank you for reading, have a great week ahead.
Please ‘enter your email address’ below to receive notifications each time I share a post.
Bush fires: Please think about donating to the bush fires – we could see haze the whole time during the last few days.
It’s scary. With the weather being so hot, the fires show no sign of slowing down at present. You can read more and choose which charity you would like to donate to here.