”Every day is a new day to change your life”. Yep. What I said.
Here’s 22 things I have learnt since moving to Bondi Beach 4 days ago …
- Sitting right here, right now to blog (with my clean Mac!) feels almost unbelievable. Skate park to my left. Beach to my front. Please step into my office …
- My office has free wifi, available beach-wide. Yah!
- 3 nights in, I already know this is one of the best moves I will make in my entire life.
- Any feeling of being ‘tired’ disperses as soon as I look out of my bedroom window and see first light reaching out across the sand.
- The buzz on the beach as everyone starts their day is incomparable – if you ever get the chance to experience Bondi before the sun comes up, do it. So much going on. So many people. So many activities. Life is being LIVED!
- Have kitchen; will cook. Finally.
- ‘Possum on crackers’ exists. I thought Possums just lived in the garden of my old house. Nope. They live on crackers and you can eat them at Bondi Market.
- You don’t realise how much you missed something until you have it again. HELLO massive flat screen TV, complete with remote.
- Comfy sofas change lives.
- As do double beds.
- I knew this one already: Irish people are fantastic. I’ll never get tired of my new housemate calling a cupboard ‘the press’.
- My room sharing / big house days are over. I’ve had a blast over the years but now its me time. Me time feels ace.
- Some of the most exquisite people IN THE WORLD live in Bondi. Life just looks better here, in more ways than one.
- Signs like ”Healthy is the new sexy” are dotted around Bondi shops and they’re damn right.
- Running across Bondi Beach before work / after work / on the weekend and pretty much whenever I fancy is something I will never take for granted.
- Nor is making a decent cuppa in my kitchen of Aussie dreams.
- Wherever I go I take my family and friends too. The first things I put up in my room were my ‘Best Big Sister’ doll and a Dreamcatcher from my best friend Lucy. Dreams caught here. Job done.
- Anywhere outside of the Bubble feels too far away. Why be further when you can be here?
- The cafe in the bookshop will be one of my new favourite haunts. What a place to write, surrounded by books and tea.
- Sunrise is the best time of day. Or is it sunset. Lets leave that one up for discussion over a cocktail at The Bucketlist.
- I found the ultimate breed of dog on the beach this morning: Beagle x Jack Russell. ONE DAY.
- Bondi people are happy people. This place is my place.
Bondi has been calling me for some time now. Good things came to those who waited. Thank you life.