I contribute regular travel features to List For Life, an online network of writers and pieces focused on inspiring people to ‘Love What They Do’.
Here’s my most recent contribution, written before I’m about to go for a run in the sun in Sydney, Australia …
Despite what my Instagram (@LaraLain) may portray travelling isn’t all about parties and wild nights with best friends. Here’s 9 reasons why travel really can open doors to a healthier, happier you.
1. ‘Better Than Ever’ Sound Good? When did anyone look bad with an even, all-over tan 365 days a year?
2. Get Out. Sports abroad don’t have to be played indoors ”Because its raining. Again”. Hit up a sun drenched spot and your new favourite way to keep fit may well end up being in the open water. Mind the sharks.
3. Eat Less. So you’re exercising a lot more – you’re also likely to eat a lot less. No one craves a big meal when its 40 degrees outside.
The heat beat me in Thailand but the food was usually healthy
4. Get The Glow. You’ve got your heart rate up and sweated out your sleepy head this morning. Now look at you; your skin is glowing for the rest of the day.
5. Lose The Products. If you’re healthy and tanned you may well find you don’t need to wear makeup. I have been travelling for the past 2 years and can’t remember the last time I wore foundation. At 30 years old mascara and a slick of lippy is all I ever use.
Keep your face fresh!
6. Join The Club. Moved abroad and know no-one? Join a sports team of your choice and you’re guaranteed to make friends in your first session. No girl ever found new pals by sitting at home with chocolate and Netflix.
7. Feel Alive. The more you work out, the clearer your mind becomes. Think quicker, act smarter. Every workout will help you physically and mentally. You will become a better version of yourself.
8. Find Your Way. One of the most enjoyable ways to explore a new country is by foot. Put your trainers on and go for a run! You’ll be amazed at some of the places you end up seeing.
Beach running; one of the best ways to get fit
9. Don’t Forget The Fun. As much as you workout, don’t forget to keep a balance of parties, laughs and good food too. Don’t hang up those dancing shoes until you’re good and ready!
Check out List For Life
for more inspiring pieces from me and a hoard of other captivating writers. I will be posting more List For Life
features alongside my usual posts soon.
Follow my daily travel images on Instagram: @LaraLain
READ MORE BELOW, Travel, Inspiration, Relatable, From The Heart